Sunday, August 22, 2010

Thirsty Moose: Hibbing, MN

I'm a sucker for anything with 'moose' in the title so when we saw this place on the way to our camping trip a few weeks back, I knew we'd be back.  The address says Hibbing but it seems like it's a long way out of the actual city.  It's a cute little bar out in the middle of nowhere, anyway.  It's another one of those places that plaster dollar bills all over the ceiling (still waiting for someone to explain that to me).  The bathroom is a one seater and in the women's bathroom is a poster of Tim McGraw trying to look sexy.  Or he's just horribly constipated and the beer company was too cheap to take another shot.  They do serve food but they don't serve alcohol.  No hard liquor, anyway. Though you can bring your own bottle of whatever you want. And since I don't drink beer I got one of those gourmet soda things. The owner makes his own pickled eggs for the bar.  The staff was ok...they did  more talking among themselves then with us.  My husband entered one of three gun raffles that they were promoting so keep your fingers crossed for him!